- Owners will ensure their animals are up-to-date with all vaccinations (including kennel cough) and on a suitable de-flea and anti-worm treatments. Proof of vaccinations will be requested.
- In the event of an emergency we will contact the owner on the emergency contact number provided. If you cannot be reached we will make a decision based on the best interest of the animal. Should any veterinary advice or treatment be necessary during your absence, no matter how they incurred, you will be responsible for all charges.
- Owners must fully disclose any characteristic or behaviour which might make your dog unsuitable for walking including any aggression and lack of training.
- Bitches in season and pregnant dogs will not be accepted for pet sitting, day care or walking.
- The owner will ensure that access is given to collect the dog from the agreed address or provide a key to the address where the dog is kept. If we visit the address and are unable to gain access or your dog is not there we will expect to be paid in full for the agreed services.
- The owner will supply suitable collars and leads or harnesses for their dog with the correct id tag and any coats or other accessories which the owner wishes to be used. We will refuse to walk your dog if suitable equipment has not been provided and you will be charged in full.
- All dogs will remain on the lead unless we are confident that the dog will do a recall and written permission has been received.
- The normal walking time will be 60 minutes this does not include travelling to and from destination.
- Prices for day care are from 9.00am to 5.00pm, outside these hours can be arranged but additional out of hour charges may apply.
- Your dog is welcome to bring with them their favourite toy etc. To make them feel more at home but we cannot take any responsibility for the loss or damage to these items.
- You will provide your dog’s own food for the duration of their stay and their own bed.
- We will inform the owner of any incident or anything which we notice about their pet, which as pet owners they ought to know.
- If your dog is unwell please let us know before we collect your dog, if we turn up and your dog is obviously too unwell to be walked we will notify you and you will be charged.
- Home boarding booking are 50% refundable up until 48 hours before the stay.
- A 48 hour notice period is required for free cancellation of 1-2 dog walks per week.
- A week’s notice is required for free cancellation of 3 or more walks or 2 days or more of day care per week.
- Friday evenings and weekend booking of walks, day-care and boarding are non-refundable if cancelled.
- Invoices are sent out Friday afternoon and must be settled by the Monday
- If you no longer need our services please give us a minimum of 3 weeks notice. We will have to charge your usual rate throughout this period.
Welwyn Walks collect the absolute minimum amount of personal data so that we can operate our services. We will never collect data that we don’t need and we will never sell or pass on any personal data to 3rdparties.
When you send an enquiry through our contact form or email, you will provide us with access to personal details such as identity and contact details. By sending an enquiry to us, you will not be adding yourself to any mailing list and if you do not become a customer we will not use your personal data in any way. It will only be stored within the emails that you have sent us in our inbox.
When you become a customer of Welwyn Walks we require further personal information from you to be able to carry out our services. This includes your full identity and contact details and details about your dog/s. All personal details that we require, we will ask for via completing our contact froms in writing. We will not collect anything else without you knowing or giving free consent. This personal data is used to set up and run the services we provide to you. It is stored and used within a number of systems. These are:
- A word document which is password protected.
- Wave and quickbooks, which is an accounting platform. We use this service to process all of our invoices to clients and record payments. We enter and store identity details and contact details on wave and quickbooks, as well as information regarding the issuing, deliverability, read acknowledgement and payment or non payment of invoices. Wave and quickbooks have their own GDPR policy for all data that is stored within their online software.
You have certain rights in regards to the personal data that we hold about you. This includes the right to request a copy of any or all of this data, to correct it if any of the data that we have is not accurate or outdated, to restrict or prevent us processing your data and for us to permanently delete your data. To carry out any of these rights, please email us and we will act quickly and within legal timeframe in all instances.
Due to the fact that Welwyn Walks only collects necessary data, if you no longer want us to have access to this data or process it- we will not be able to continue to carry out any services for you- this includes opting out of email communications from us, as there is often important or vital information within these emails that you are required to know and/ or acknowledge.